The French Riviera is geographically placed in such a way that there are a lot of facts about this place that amazes you. The place was earlier inhospitable but later due to the mushrooming of various bungalows and other lavish establishments by famous film stars and aristocrats, the place became one of the hotspots in the world. After reading these facts, you will be motivated to plan a vacation to the French Riviera. One need not worry about the stay as there is a lot of vacation home in french riviera. Some of the best facts are listed below.
- Both the mountains and sea call you
The place is situated between both mountains and the sea. So, you can get a feel of being amidst the mountains as well as the sea. People are always amazed by the fact that in spite of being just a few kilometers away from some of the very cold regions, the place has a totally different climatic condition. The Alps Mountains on one of its borders protects the place from the cold winds and the proximity to the sea gives it the Mediterranean climate. The sun shines all throughout the year but it is not too harsh.
- French Riviera is not just about beaches
There are more than 15 major ski resorts in various regions of French Riviera. Skiing in the slopes of the French Alps is indeed one of the best experiences in the world. Since the mountains are not too harsh due to the presence of sun at almost all times of the year, it is easy for the newbies to try their hands at skiing. Who would not like to have a taste of both the sea and the mountains at the same time? When you are done enough with the seas, it is time to take a break and spend some time with the hills.
- Anyone is a star
One of the amazing things about French Riviera is that it makes anyone feel like a star. Yachting across the place to reach destinations is a thing of the rich and the elite. But, there are a lot of packages provided for all that make the yachting an affordable one for all. It is an experience of a lifetime to have a private yacht all for yourself and cruise across these beautiful history-laden beaches. This place is frequented by a lot of film stars. So, if you are visiting French Riviera and spot some film stars beside you, it is not a big deal.
- Place of pomp and fun
French Riviera is the place you should go if you want to know about what celebration is all about. Some or the other festivals is celebrated at any time of the year. Carnivals bring back the history of the place. The tourists can get to know the history of the place they visit via these carnivals. One would have experienced a lot of fireworks display all throughout their life, but the fireworks display like that of those found in the French Riviera is one of a kind.
- Best place for sea food
French Riviera is the best place in the world for sea food. Be it any time of the year, you can get fresh sea food. The variety of sea food offered entices the taste buds of all. Apart from sea food, there are a lot of cafes where you can enjoy some freshly brewed coffee. Enjoying the ambiance while sipping coffee in the narrow lines of French Riviera is a heart-wrenching experience.
- Boasts some of the expensive properties in the world
If you have an idea that some of the world’s costliest properties are located in the United Kingdom or in the United Arab Emirates, then you have to change your opinion. The place has the world’s costliest home. Film stars from the Hollywood have invested so much in these places that have resulted in the rapid increase of real estate properties. Apart from this, French Riviera is the home to some of the extravagant events in the world like the Cannes film festival, so this stretch has attained immense popularity.
These are some of the other fascinating facts about this top tourist location.
- The Grand Prix event for car racing championships has been conducted in Monaco since 1929.
- More than 14 million tourists visit French Riviera in a year.
- There are more than 1, 50,000 beds in French Riviera which shows that there are plenty of rooms available even when there is an unimaginable crowd in French Riviera.
- A large % of the tourists come from the European countries itself. More than any other industry, tourism industry provides the major employment.
- The place gained much popularity after the end of WWII.
- Ever since the marriage of rich monarchs took place, French Riviera has become the abode to rich tourists from all over the world.
- Monaco despite being a small country is the largest per capita GDP economy in the world and the citizens of Monaco need not pay any taxes.
- The doors of Monaco’s casinos are not open for its citizens but never fail to provide the best of the luxuries for its global tourists.
- Until gambling was legalized by the church of Monaco, the casinos were used as health spas.
These are some of the amazing facts one needs to know about the most talked about tourist destinations in the world, French Riviera.
How about making your next trip a worthy one to talk about? Read my blogs to get some great ideas on travelling.